Most couples planning a wedding are doing so for the first time. Hiring a professional planner to work with you on your wedding can be overwhelming. It is part of our mission to eliminate the overwhelm, so here's a quick breakdown of the TME experience - easy peasy!
New couples find their way to This Moment Events in so many ways. No matter how you found us, your welcome into the family will likely follow the below:
1. The Meet & Greet Consultation Just after you get in touch, we'll schedule your Meet & Greet consultation. This 25-45 minute call allows me to get a feel for your personality, and the basics of your wedding plans. Before the call, I send you a quick questionnaire that helps us get super focused on your ideas and plans, and determine what you're looking for in a planner. We'll talk a lot about where you are in your planning process and your vision for your wedding day. I'll use all of the information I collect from you to begin the creation of your customized planning proposal.
2. The Initial Planning Consultation Next, we schedule your Initial Planning Consultation. This in-person meeting will last between 1 and 2 hours, and is really your very first planning meeting. We will walk through your entire wedding day from start to finish, discuss your expectations and desires, talk through your customized planning proposal, and discuss our pricing. This meeting allows us to get into the nitty gritty details of where you are in your wedding planning process and truly think through ideas and ways to implement them. We'll have a few snacks, maybe some drinks, and get to know each other even better. Once we've discussed all the details, we create your customized planning proposal, which is delivered to you via e-mail within four days after our Consultation. There is a $75 fee for this meeting that is deducted from your final payment when you become a client.
3. The Contract Meeting Once you approve our proposal, we get your contact drafted. And because contracts can be a little sticky, we like to talk it through for clarity's sake. This 15-25 minute meeting takes place on the phone, and walks you through your entire contract, answers any questions you may have, and makes sure we are on the same page regarding your needs and the services we will be providing. We have the ability to accept your signature and your retainer payment online, and once those two steps are completed we're ready to get the party started!
4. The Planning Process Our planning process starts with the delivery of your TME Welcome Kit, which includes all of the info we'll need to make the most of our wedding planning relationship. You'll find things like the Planner/Client Expectation Sheet, the log-in information for our online planning tool, your meeting schedule, payment schedule, our customized planning checklist based on your wedding date, planning worksheets, and a few fun surprises! We'll check in with you via email on a monthly basis, and if you're contracted for periodic calls, we'll do those as well. In general we'll go over what's been done, what still needs to get done, and go through the painstaking process of lining all of your wedding ducks up in neat little rows. We'll have fun with logistics, spreadsheets and floor plans. I'll remind you frequently to breathe, and I have an uncanny knack for telling when my couples are stressing over something.
5. The Styling Process If you've chosen styling as a component of your service suite, we'll schedule your Initial Styling meeting about 4 weeks after your Initial Planning Consultation. This meeting delves deeper into the design questions you answered in your New Client Questionnaire, and gives us a better idea of all of the elements you want incorporated into the look and feel of your wedding day. We'll look through your Pinterest boards, develop an event vision board, discuss vendors and professionals who can bring your look to life, and get a solid plan in place. This stuff is so much fun! Most styling clients have a total of three meetings; an Initial Styling Meeting, a Styling Update Meeting, and a Final Reveal.
6. The 8 Week Meeting, 4 Week Check In and Final Details Meeting The 8 week meeting takes place two months prior to your wedding. We sit down and start tackling the logistics of your big day by going through our Day of Coordination questionnaire, as well as getting updates on all of the other plans. The 4 week check-in is the month before your wedding, and deals with the exact same stuff. We just focus on filling in all the little holes we had in the 8 week meeting. The Final Details meeting takes place no later than the week before the wedding. We will go through and catalog all of your wedding day accessories, and decor, and make a logistical plan to get it to the venues, as well as back to you post-wedding. We'll confirm all final details and run through the day of itinerary. At all three of these meetings, we will laugh, and we will eat, and we will love on you- making sure you both stay as calm as possible as the clock winds down.
7. The Rehearsal This is where I get to meet your friends and family! And that makes me so happy! We'll meet at the designated spot, run through the ceremony a few times (preferably with your music and your officiant on hand, but not necessarily), and then send you off to be with your loved ones and relax.
8. The Big Day Today it is all about you. On this day, you hand over the reigns to our team. You get to relax, get prepped, and enjoy this moment. We arrive, and take care of any last minute delegations from you, and get started on the setup, all the while keeping a close eye on your timeline. We'll be greeting vendors, confirming that people are arriving where they need to be when they need to be there, and encouraging people to smile and enjoy all day long. We'll line you up for your ceremony entrance, help seat guests, and cue musicians. We'll hand you and your mom or dad tissues as you cry right before your big walk down the aisle. We'll be there to high five you on the way out of the chapel, and be at the reception venue to make sure everything is where it should be. And when your reception begins, we'll make sure you're having the time of your life, from the toasts, to the dancing to the cake cutting- because that is what this is- the time of your life!
9. The Aftermath The day after your wedding, you get to relax! We'll send over an email (which we highly recommend ignoring until you get back from your honeymoon!) asking for your opinion of our services, and asking if you can provide us with a review and testimonial.
Now of course, variations will exist depending on which services you've decided to utilize and what kind of wedding celebration you have planned. But one thing never changes, and that is our commitment to seeing you CELEBRATE this day with the people you love most in the world!
If you think that we're the planning company for you, Click Here to schedule your Meet & Greet. Still have questions? Drop us a line at email@example.com, or give us a call at 609-301-0136. We would love to have you in the family!